Attention, Friday update

BOONE, Iowa – The final decision on whether race programs will be held Friday at Boone Speedway will be made at noon today.

If racing must be postponed, what was originally the Thursday Modified and Stock Car qualifying program will be moved to a 9 a.m. start time on Saturday.

“The track must be raceable to the expectations of our drivers, fans, Boone Speedway and IMCA,” explained IMCA President Brett Root. “That is not possible at this time. We will release any more details at noon and ask everyone to be patient until that time.”