More paperwork needed for minor drivers in IMCA 

VINTON, Iowa – Drivers under the age of 18 in all sanctioned divisions are required by IMCA to submit paperwork in addition to their competitor’s application. No exceptions are granted.

All drivers ages 14-17 must send a notarized release form, signed by both parents/guardians, and a copy of their birth certificate.

There’s also a $50 minor fee, additional to the price of the license, that must be paid when the license is purchased. Release forms are available by contacting IMCA.

Drivers 14 and 15 years old are also required to send information about their previous racing experience, if any, and what tracks they will compete at during the upcoming season.

License applications and other paperwork should be sent in to the IMCA home office as soon as possible before the minor begins racing.

“Failure to get the release form notarized is the biggest issue we have with minor paperwork,” noted IMCA Director of Membership and Points Virginia Lindsey. “It’s extremely important for parents and guardians to realize that until we receive all required paperwork, minor drivers do not receive any membership benefit, including insurance coverage and points.”

Questions can be directed to Lindsey at the IMCA home office, 319 472-2201, extension 215.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply